To ensure your function is a memorable one for all the right reasons, smiles, lots of fun and dancing the night away… There is always a fair amount of planning & paperwork compiled behind the scenes to minimise any risks during your event.
Some basic points MJ wishes to share with you
- Adequate time allocated to set up and clear away
(No Rushing around with equipment reduces slips, trips and falls).
- It is advised your guests remain well away from the area required for the DJ to set up – ideal set ups are advised before your guests arrive to the venue.
(Minimising any guests coming into contact with equipment during setup).
- Your guests will not be required to assist the DJ in setting up or clearing away. (Equipment is often heavy and awkward in handling).
- All Cables will be kept a safe distance away from your guests and neatly fixed down to prevent trip hazards.
(Your venue managers / safety officers may ask for these)
- Public Liability Insurance > Certificate Link
- PAT Certificate – Specific to your event > Contact for copy
- Risk Assessment & Method Statement
(completed on request for specific venue – Additional Fees apply P.O.A.)
*The PAT certificate is produced on application, a specific equipment schedule can be provided once your event has been quoted & site surveys have taken place.
Risk Assessment & Method Statement will be provided post site survey.
Notes for you venue
Your venue shall provide a minimum of 2off 13A standard UK 230V power outlets within close proximity (up to 5M away from the DJ Booth) suitably protected with RCD/RCBO breakers – and be able to provide their site test certificate before the event. This will be included in the safe systems of work schedule and will include a complete method statement with supporting risk assessment.
Any further questions, please get in touch, and feel free to visit the HSE website for info about portable appliance testing (PAT).