DJ Matt Jackson is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when and why I collect personal information about people who visit my website, how I use it, the conditions under which I may disclose it to others and how I keep it secure.
I may change this policy from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using this website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and my privacy practices should be sent by email to DJ Matt Jackson.
What Information is Collected?
This site may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- Information you provide when you contact me.
- Information you provide to me when you register for any of my public events.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
This site may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. Session cookies keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and persistent cookies enable this website to recognise you when you visit.
- Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser
- Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
Refusing to accept cookies could have a negative impact upon the usability of other websites.
Using Your Personal Data
We will use your personal information to:
- Facilitate your bookings with DJ Matt Jackson.
- Send you email communication regarding your bookings.
- Where you submit personal information, I will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
I review my retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. DJ Matt Jackson is legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil statutory obligations. I will hold your personal information on my systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you may hold with me.
Reasons why we may disclose information about you:
- If another DJ is to carry out your event – prior consent will be required to enable this to happen.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights.
Security Of Your Personal Data
I will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. I will store all the personal information you provide on my secure, password- and firewall- protected servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct me to provide you with any personal information I hold about you.
You may instruct me not to process your personal data for sending you news / special deals by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to my use of your personal data for such purposes, or I will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for such purposes.
Third Party Websites
My website does contain links to other websites. I am not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information I hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Get In Touch